Here are the commemorative plaques on the side of the bridge.
The canal has also been extended past the bridge by a volunteer workforce to which great credit is due.
Moored just before the bridge is NB Mithra enjoying the solitude that I found all those years ago.
On the way back I thought I would have a look to see what narrowboats were moored at Star Tops End,so I parked up in the car park and had a wander.
A shame to see the White Lion pub has closed down and has been for a while now which is happening far too frequently, this was another watering hole in my past.
Walking further up the cut it was nice to see a family enjoying a day out on the school holidays in a narrowboat hired from Grebe Canal Cruises at Pitstone, I wonder if the little girl caught anything, probably more than I used to.
This reminded me I was going to revisit the Waterside Cafe at Pitstone http://www.pitstonewharf.co.uk/ as they were not open the last time I went during February so on the way back to the car park I took a picture of the rear entrance to the Bluebell Tea Rooms.
Arriving at the Waterside cafe I had one and three quarters of an hour to have a bite to eat then get the weekly shop so I could not stay long, so a cup of tea and a slice of apple and almond cake went down well.
This is the view out of the window...
...and the front cover of the menu.
Now I had time to have a quick look outside at the cruise boat the Chiltern Countess.
In the water there were large mirror carp obviously used to being fed from the cafe.
Now I had to dash back to get the weekly shopping.
Well that was my time out from caring for this week next week who knows where.
No comments:
Post a Comment