About Me

My photo
At the moment I am caring full time for a family member and when the time comes I will be selling up and living on a narrowboat.I enjoy reading,especially about those living on narrowboats and their daily lives.The tug Nb Resolute in the above picture is NOT mine but is owned by Dave Moore and is something I would aspire to own one day although I am going to look at many boats before I make a decision on the style and interior.Tugs are looking good at the moment but have yet to look around one. My interest in narrowboats started some 47 years ago. As a lad I cycled from Luton to bridge 111 on the G.U.by the Globe to fish and watch the Morton and Clayton boats go by,full of coal with a family on board and always wondered how they kept their balance on the planks that ran above the coal and why the the dogs didnt jump in the canal.That fascination has stayed with me so when I am able I will be there on my narrowboat joining in the great community of boat owners. Find me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/brassiclint or listen to my music site.Use earphones or earplugs depending on your musical taste :) http://blip.fm/Dave_Winter

Twitter

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Thief !

I like to put food out for the birds and have a tray right outside my window so that I can watch them feeding.
Just lately the sultanas that I put out for the blackbirds have been disappearing at an alarming rate.


One day last week I was sitting reading the paper and a large shadow appeared at the window, it made me jump and the shadow disappeared so I thought I would capture it on camera and here it is... during the day,



and at night


Where Mrs fox lives I don't know but she has become a regular visitor in the garden.
Now some people would want to stop encouraging them but in my view they are just a part of natures balance and have as much right as we do in populating the urban environment. I admire their ability to survive despite human intervention,so if you don't want them around don't leave food about.I don't mind them so I will continue to feed the birds and enjoy the delights that nature provides.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one's of the Fox, I used to always look for them to observe and take photo's. I miss them hear in NZ, I also miss the Squirrels and Badgers, our countryside only have Rabbits, possum's and Stoats, we do have a lot of bird life to make up for that.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete